„Water needs to flow.“
The planning, installation and safe operation of every potable water installation are based on this fundamental principle. In a correct system, normal usage ensures that the water is regularly exchanged in the entire pipe network. However, as the recent past has shown, there can sometimes be lengthy interruptions in usage in many buildings. The operator still needs to ensure that water is exchanged here at regular intervals. Complex flushing plans are often created for each extraction point, which service personnel have to laboriously work through. Of course, there is always a risk of confusion which can lead to errors in the documentation.
“Water can only be exchanged by removing the water. This is sometimes difficult to explain, but is hygienically necessary."
Is potable water hygiene difficult?
Not when there is everything in the box!
Operators should take precautions here:
schools, daycare centres, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, holiday apartments, vacant rental apartments, rarely used secondary residences, exhibition and convention centres, educational institutions, residential homes, guest bathrooms ...
In these kind of buildings parts of the potable water installation often remain unused for a long period of time. Stagnant water can lead to an increased growth of microorganisms.
The rules in a nutshell:
- the operator of a potable water system is responsible for its designated operation.
- The designated operation is only ensured if the water is fully exchanged at least every seven days.
- If users need greater protection (e.g. in hospitals or care facilities), a complete water exchange should take place at least every 72 hours.
- Planners should inform the client and operator about the requirements of the designated operation.
thing in the box
TECEprofil toilet module with
integrated hygiene flush
Simple, clever and proven –
the toilet cistern with integrated hygiene flush.
By using automatic hygiene flushing units, there’s no need for paperwork, flushing plans and staff instructions – with us, the hygiene flush is integrated in the cistern. Unaesthetic inspection openings and additional drain lines are no longer necessary and costs are reduced. The flushing unit can be easily accessed at any time by removing the toilet flush plate.
The product advantages:
- Simple, safe hygiene flush in a compact design
- Little installation required, completely pre-assembled components; on site only the cold and hot water and the transformer need to be connected
- No additional fixtures and inspection openings in the bathroom
- No separate sewage system, shorter piping
- No additional planning necessary – the toilet module is planned in any case
- Free leakage protection against back suction according to DIN EN 1717
- Connection to building control system possible
The advantages of the app:
- Individually programmable for many applications
- Operational safety with log function (including PDF download of the log)
- No additional costs for programming & commissioning
- Performance data for different software providers
- Operational security with log function
- Simple handling – instruction can be given by the installer
For the invitation to tender:
There are other advantages for the invitation to tender. There are just three essential items you need:
- The TECEprofil toilet module with hygiene flushing function (9300100)
- TECEprofil transformer including power cable (9810010)
- Depending on requirements, an attachment for pre-wall, corner or wooden stud installation and a flush plate
- Simple incorporation in planning through the provision of tender texts
- BIM data available
Unfortunately invisible, sorry.
Inspection openings are a horror for every aesthete. Like a flaw in a painting, they invariably attract the eye. TECE has therefore integrated a potable water hygiene flushing station right into the toilet cistern. Aesthetically more beautiful, technically clever: if there is a threat of stagnation in the pipe network, a defined amount of cold and hot water is simply diverted via the cistern.
Our integrated hygiene flush is already used in many properties in the housing industry, in public and semi-public buildings and in private homes.
Would you like more information or do you have any questions about our references? Then simply get in touch!
Any questions? We will be delighted to reach out to you!
Through a web seminar, video conference or a reference construction site: Just give us a call or use the contact form. We are also happy to visit you and explain our solution on site with an original product sample!
All fields marked with * are mandatory fields.